Southern Indiana Works (SIW) understands that hiring the right employee is now more important than ever and is pleased to offer the “Skillful Talent Series,” a four-part virtual series where CEO’s, Human Resource Professionals, and Directors will learn how to best hire the right employees. Skillful, a non-profit initiative of the Markle Foundation, is dedicated to enabling all Americans – particularly those without a four-year degree – to secure good jobs in a changing economy. In partnership with Microsoft and others, Skillful is developing skills-based training and employment practices in collaboration with state governments, local employers, educators, and workforce development organizations.
Through Skillful, companies have learned and adopted hiring techniques that has increased their retention by up to 65% and improved overall staff performance.
The SIW Business Service Team will offer multiple sessions of Skillful sessions 101 – 104 through July 8th. It is recommended that you start with session 101 and continue with the series, as they build on one another. These webinars are free to attend! Each session is valid for a total of 1.0 PDC for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
If you were not able to attend the Skillful 101 session, you are still encouraged to register and attend Skillful 102 as there will be a brief review of the content covered in the 101 session.
101: Attract the Right Talent
- Learn skills-based hiring practices
- Design job descriptions around competencies needed for the job
- Broaden your talent pools
- Reduce hidden bias in your process
- Source and recruit the right talent for your needs
102: Candidate Evaluation
- Avoid losing out on qualified talent in the screening process
- Create interview questions to uncover candidates’ hard and soft skills
- Select and design an assessment to accurately evaluate candidates’ skills
May 6, 2021 1:00 PM REGISTER NOW
103: Selection and Onboarding
- Create an efficient and balanced selection process
- Identify skills gaps in new hires
- Design an effective onboarding program to decrease new hire training time
- Provide opportunities for development for new hires
104: Employee Retention
- Understand skills-based people management
- Understand the cost of employee turnover and improve retention through career advancement
- Create a career map of your organization
If you have questions about the Skillful Talent Series contact Carrie Baylor, Community Engagement Manager at 812-941-6443.