We’re your business’s biggest cheerleaders.
From your office to the Oval Office, One Southern Indiana wants to promote positive change by serving as the “Champions of Ideas” to achieve economic and business vitality for the region. Additionally, we strive to provide access to policy makers at all levels of government through forums, round-tables and one-on-one meetings. Through our Advocacy Council, we encourage and support legislation that promotes business growth and enhances the competitive edge of Southern Indiana.
- To provide at least six separate opportunities for members to gain access to their elected officials
- To distribute a position statement and report card on each idea 1si champions
- To facilitate and assist in one significant public community of infrastructure project annually
- To conduct at least one educational event annually
- To host at least one business round-table event on advocacy positions
2018-2019 Advocacy Council
- Ms. Lourdes Baez, Baptist Health
- Mr. Jim Baker, Baker Commercial Real Estate
- Mr. Kevin Boehnlein, Edward Jones Investments
- Ms. Gwen Cooper, Hosparus Health of Southern Indiana
- Mr. Chris Garten, Signature Countertops, Inc.
- Ms. Pat Harrison, RE/MAX One
- Mr. Michael Killen, Commerce Bank
- Mr. Taylor King, America Place
- Mr. Brad Kruer
- Mr. Kent Lanum, Paul Ogle Foundation, Inc.
- Mr. Riggs Lewis, Norton Healthcare
- Mr. Jason A. Lopp, McNeely Stephenson
- Mr. Wesley Martin, Martin Financial Group
- Mr. Andrew McCart, Purdue Polytechnic New Albany, Purdue University
- Ms. Pepper Mulherin, AT&T Indiana
- Mr. Dale Orem, WesBanco Bank, Inc.
- Mr. Bob Owings, Owings Patterns Inc.
- Mr. Bruce Paul, Stites & Harbison, PLLC
- Ms. Barbara Popp, Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services
- Mr. Charlie Smith, Building & Development Association of Southern Indiana
- Mr. Bryan Wickens, MAC Construction & Excavating, Inc.
- Ms. Iris Wilbur, Greater Louisville Inc.
- Mr. Doug York, Rodefer Moss & Co, PLLC
- Mr. Beau F. Zoeller, Frost Brown Todd, LLC
2020 Advocacy Agenda
The role of One Southern Indiana (1si) in promoting a fiscally stable, business-friendly environment is deeply impacted by local, regional, state and national issues. Through our Advocacy Council’s initiatives, we promote positive change by serving as the “Champions of Ideas” to achieve economic and business vitality for the region. Additionally, we strive to provide for our investors and members access to policy makers at all levels of government through forums, roundtables and one-on-one meetings.
The 2020 Advocacy Agenda, as presented, provides the basis for 1si Advocacy positions over the next 12 months. These positions will be monitored and supported while new 1si Advocacy policies and processes are implemented during the next several months. The goal of these policies is to further establish 1si as the voice for Southern Indiana businesses.
Click here to download a copy of the 2020 Advocacy Agenda.
Click here for information on Gov. Holcomb’s 2020 Next Level Agenda.