The Organization Announced Several Award Winners and Welcomed New Board of Directors
New Albany, IN. (August 8, 2023) – One Southern Indiana, the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties (1si), hosted their Annual Meeting today, August 8, 2023, at Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards. The theme of this year’s program was “New Perspectives.” The event hosted approximately 380 members and guests.
1si is pleased to present three awards during this event to members and individuals who embodied the characteristics of the award categories:
- Economic Development Impact Project of the Year – HealthTrackRX, sponsored by DMLO CPAs and Advisors
- Ambassador of the Year – Danny Berry, Prudential Financial, sponsored by MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Volunteer of the Year – Kim Martin-Dawkins, PNC Bank, sponsored by First Harrison Bank
HealthTrackRx is the nation’s premier PCR-based infectious disease laboratory, providing clinical testing services throughout the U.S., and has a long-term vision to grow its regional presence.
Members enthusiastically approved a slate of new officers and directors to the 1si Board. Officers for the 2023-2024 year include:
- Chair – Bryan Wickens, MAC Construction & Excavating, Inc.
- Chair-Elect / Economic Development Chair – Cathy Scrivner, Louisville Water Co.
- Secretary / Governance Chair – Brad Blackburn, Samtec, Inc.
- Treasurer / Finance Chair – Tommy Wallace, Old National Bank
- Past Chair – Laurie Goetz-Kemp, Momentum Title Agency, LLC
- Business Resources Council Chair – Jessica Carroll, First Harrison Bank
- Board Development Chair – Ann Carruthers, Clark/Floyd System of CARE & Prevent Child Abuse
- Advocacy Chair – Jim Epperson, SoIN Tourism
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council Chair – Raymond Smith, Jr., Park Community Credit Union
- Investor Relations Chair – Afton Yaeger, Mariner Wealth Advisors
“I am thrilled to be the chair for the 2023-2024 year at One Southern Indiana,” said Bryan Wickens, “It’s an honor to lead the executive team and board of directors, and I am excited to work with the staff of 1si during this time of transition.”
New directors elected to the board for a three-year term include:
- Morgan Bauer Brown, Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services
- Jason Clemmons, Clark County REMC
- Deborah Ford, IU Southeast
- Christopher Jackson, Dan Cristiani Excavating Co., Inc.
- Matt Neely, MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Joseph Scott, Joash Construction
- Andrea Strange, Harding, Shymanski & Company, P.S.C.
Once again, 1si partnered with the News & Tribune to publish our annual report to the community for the preceding 12 months. The supplement will be available in the August 8 edition.
Samtec provided the keynote for today’s meeting. Locally headquartered and privately held, Samtec is the service leader in the electronic interconnect industry with 40+ global locations. Mark Bobo, Executive Vice President of Global Compliance, Sustainability, and Government Affairs tied the “New Perspectives” theme of the event to the ever-changing world of electronics manufacturing. He highlighted how Samtec’s core philosophies around providing Sudden Service® to its customers have evolved while remaining true to the values upon which the company was founded.
1si’s sponsors for the event included:
- Presenting Sponsor – First Harrison Bank
- Video Sponsor – MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Economic Development Impact Project Award Sponsor – DMLO CPAs & Advisors
- Venue Sponsor – Huber’s Plantation Hall, Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards
- Platinum Sponsors – ClearPath Mutual, German American Bank, ProMedia Group, and River Ridge Development Authority
- Gold Sponsors – First Savings Bank, Ivy Tech Community College, Mister “P” Express, Inc., Shepherd Insurance, and SoIN Tourism
- Silver Sponsors – Centra Credit Union, Clark Memorial Health, Greater Clark County Schools, L&D Mail Masters, Inc., PayFWDs, River City Bank of Kentucky, Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services
“1si is a robust organization that shows continuous growth each year. We could not be the organization we are without the support of our board of directors, investors, business members, and the community,” noted Chesser. “I am proud to have been a part of this team for the past eleven years and can’t wait to see where the organization goes in the future.”
About One Southern Indiana
One Southern Indiana (1si) was formed in July of 2006 as the economic development organization and chamber of commerce serving Clark and Floyd counties. 1si’s mission is to help businesses innovate and thrive in the Southern Indiana / Louisville metro area via the three pillars of Business Resources, Economic Development, and Advocacy. For more information on One Southern Indiana, visit www.1si.org.
Brittany Schmidt, Content Marketing and Media Relations Manager
BrittanyS@1si.org | 812-945-0266