6200 Dutchman’s Lane
Louisville, KY 40205
Business Phone: 502-456-6200 / 800-264-0521
Tracy Tanner, Executive Director of Business Development and Provider Relations
Agency Mission Statement or Description:
- Since 1978, Hosparus Health has provided compassionate hospice and palliative care to seriously ill patients and their families.
- We are one of the largest not-for-profit, community-based hospice and palliative care providers in the United States.
- Each year, we care for more than 10,000 patients throughout our 35-county service area in Kentucky and Indiana. Those counties are:
- Louisville region: Jefferson, Oldham, Trimble, Henry, Shelby and Spencer
- Southern Indiana: Orange, Crawford, Washington, Scott, Jefferson, Clark, Floyd, and Harrison
- Central Kentucky: Breckinridge, Grayson, Hardin, LaRue and Meade counties
- Green River: Adair, Green, Marion, Taylor and Washington
- Barren River: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson and Warren
- As a nonprofit, we’re governed by a dedicated and highly engaged board of directors that include business and community leaders, many of whom have been personally touched by our care.
- Hospice Care: We believe everyone deserves to have a peaceful ending. Considered the gold standard in compassionate care, we provide comprehensive end-of-life care to people facing serious illnesses or injuries who are expected to live six months or less.
- Palliative Care: Patients with serious or chronic illness can access our high-quality palliative care at any time through Pallitus Health Partners, a program of Hosparus Health. We can help patients manage the symptoms associated with their condition for as long as necessary, allowing them to live more comfortably. Some of our palliative patients have been in our care for several years.
- Kourageous Kids: We know nothing is more important than the health and well-being of a child. We not only care for adults at any age, but we also help children and their families face the challenges of serious illness through our Kourageous Kids program.
- Founded in 1980, Kourageous Kids is one of the oldest programs of its kind in the country and is one of the only pediatric palliative and hospice program in Kentucky.
- Each year, we care for over 100 children in our Kourageous Kids program. Our most seriously ill children are eligible for hospice care when the need arises, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Veteran Care: We are proud to be a 4-star partner of the national We Honor Veterans program, which ensures our nation’s servicemen and women get the compassionate care and recognition they deserve.
- Grief Services: Our care does not end when your loved one dies. GCC provides grief support and services to the families of our patients for up to 13 months after death. Many of our grief support programs are also open to anyone in the community who has lost a loved one.
- Last year, our team provided over 17,000 hours of grief support through in-person, telehealth, individual, and group counseling sessions.
- You are in the most compassionate, capable hands with our care teams. Our expert care teams are made up of board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners, nurses, certified nursing assistants, social workers and counselors, chaplains and volunteers. They provide:
- Symptom management, such as pain, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath and restlessness
- Care coordination with other health providers
- Medication management
- Personal care such as bathing and light housekeeping
- Counseling and resources on advance directives and other end-of-life decisions
- Spiritual care
- Respite for the family and companionship for the patient
- Grief services for patients, families and other loved ones
- 24/7 phone support
- Our organization was founded by a small group of passionate volunteers 45 years ago who believed that everyone deserves to die with dignity.
- We have over 500 volunteers who support our patients and families, doing everything from providing companionship to patients to helping at fundraising events.
- In 2022, our volunteers contributed over 73,000 hours supporting our mission.
- For more information about opportunities, please visit https://hosparushealth.org/volunteers/