Let’s meet the area’s major employers. You may already know some of them.
Southern Indiana and the City of Louisville have a wide range of employers, including nationally-known companies that maintain headquarters or significant local presence in the region.
Products vary from barge construction to heavy truck assembly, from large home appliances to kitchen cabinets and from electronic components to specialty chemical catalysts. As a result of this convergence of diverse manufacturing, the region is also home to many medium and smaller supply and service companies.
Southern Indiana has several major “home grown” employers, such as Beach Mold & Tool, Discount Labels, FireKing International, Koetter Woodworking, and SAMTEC, Inc. These businesses are joined by national and internationally-known companies such as Amazon, Asus, Fuji Seal, Autoneum, and Hitachi Cable Indiana, Inc.
Top 10 Employers – Southern Indiana
- Amazon Fulfillment Services: 3,000
- Baptist Health Floyd: 2,257
- New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corporation: 1,405
- Greater Clark County Schools: 1,295
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana: 1,239
- SAMTEC Incorporated: 1,200
- U.S. Bureau of the Census: 1,185
- Clark Memorial Hospital: 923
- Heartland Payment Systems: 766
- Hitachi Cable America Inc.: 600
Top 10 Employers – Louisville
Employers in Greater Louisville include major global corporations such as Ford Motor Company, GE Appliances, The Kroger Co., Humana, UPS, YUM! Brands and Papa John’s International. Many of these companies have a long history in our market and are supported by local businesses offering diverse services ranging from banking and health care to printing and credit card services, and from custodial to energy services.
- United Parcel Service: 22,354
- Jefferson County Public Schools: 14,553
- Ford Motor Company: 12,600
- Humana: 12,500
- Norton Healthcare: 11,944
- University of Louisville: 7,065
- Baptist Healthcare Systems Inc.: 6,786
- Louisville-Jefferson County Metro Government: 6,192
- GE Appliances, a Haier company: 6,000
- KentuckyOne Health: 6,000